Google Apps, G Suite or Google Workspace email service provides users the facility to access emails anytime and anywhere. With its advanced set of features, it is considered the top email service by organizations. Not only business organizations but also individuals are using it. But your data on G Suite is not fully secure as you think it is. In case of any disaster, it’s not the duty of Google to restore it. Therefore, you have to take care of your valuable data by yourself and this can be happened with backup. Therefore, this post will talk about ways to backup G Suite account mailboxes in a smart and secure way.
We will also illustrate step wise backup solution with issues come across during backup using Google Data Export Tool. Moreover, we will also learn whether Google Takeout a feasible solution for backup or not. If not, then what would be the next move of users for backing up G Suite emails and attachments?
Let us know the reasons to backup G Suite database
Below, we will explain the reasons to backup G Suite data items and how this backup will be helpful for users.
- Users must take backup of emails so that to retrieve them whenever required.
- Sometimes, data can be lost due to human errors, sync issues, accidental deletion, malware & virus attacks, etc. You may have a chance to restore the data if backup is taken.
- Ransom ware viruses may affect your system or cloud storage and hence leads to data loss. Therefore, keeping a safe copy of your data is never go in vain.
- Due to bad or no internet connection, users failed to login G Suite account and urgent need for accessing data can be fulfilled only with backup.
- In case any employee is leaving the organization, backup of his/her data must be taken before deletion as it may require sometimes by the organization.
2 Different Methods to Backup data of G Suite Account
You will encounter several solutions that can backup Google Workspace emails and attachments but only few ones are trusted. Here in this segment, we will know such two methods that you should choose for backup of G Suite mailbox items. Among the discussed solutions, third-party tool is highly recommended by users. The reason is its simplicity and speed to provide accurate results without any losses. We will also focus on Google Data Export Tool and will explore why it is not considered a feasible approach to backup mailboxes of G Suite account.
Backup using Google Data Export Tool
Google Apps for Business provide feature known as Data Export. The main disadvantage of this tool is only G Suite Admin users can access this feature. This permits to download the data by Admin without any hassles.
Pre-requirements to use Data Export Tool:
- Only admin users can use this feature of Data Export
- 2 step verification should be enabled to use this feature
- Number of G Suite users account need not more than 1000
- The domain needs to be older than 30 days to make this feature available
Process with Data Export Tool for G Suite account backup
- Log in to G Suite account with admin login details.
- After log in to your account, open Admin Console and hit < button
- Now, click on Tools and then hit Data Export option.
- In next screen, hit Start button.
- Now, you have to wait longer and you can’t avoid this waiting period. Google may take 9 days to send you confirmation link for the exported data.
- Once you receive the email message for confirmation, open it and hit Access Archive button to see the backup data.
- Open the folders one by one and download the data to your system.
Demerits of using Data Export Tool of G Suite account for backup
You can see that this method is very easy but many demerits are associated with this tool like users don’t have any control over G Suite data for backup. Also, know other demerits of using this tool:
- This is a long process and can take up to 9 days to provide you the confirmation email for backup.
- There is no option to export desired data of G Suite Mail account.
- You can’t stop this process after it gets started.
- Users without technical expertise may face problems using this feature for backup.
Automated Method for backing up Google Workspace mailbox
Because of demerits of manual solution, to get instant backup results, experts suggest automated tools which are not only easy but also offer timely results. One such tool is G Suite Backup. This software takes backup of G Suite emails with attachments in few clicks. It safely exports G Suite to Outlook PST, EML, MBOX, EMLX, and MSG file formats. Without any technical difficulties, users can handle this program.
Moreover, it comes with filters to select the data to export from G Suite account. It is available to use easily by single users as well as Admin for backup of Google Workspace data items. You can choose desired mailbox folder for backup with this tool.
Without any compromise to quality, it works in fast manner and maintains data integrity throughout the backup process.
How exactly this software work?
4 easy steps to backup emails of G Suite account –
1. Install and Open this backup tool for G Suite account on Windows PC.
2. Enter G Suite account login information.
3. Now, select all or wanted folders to backup from G Suite account.
4. Select desired format to save the backup items.
5. Pick location to save the backup data and press Process button.
Note: Check out free copy of this utility to analyze it before paying for it.
From this post, you can conclude that Google Mail Export Tool is not fully feasible solution for archiving G Suite data items. Instead of this, users can pick third-party tool discussed above. It effortlessly backup data of G Suite Mail account with associated attachments without any hassles. It eliminates all problems of manual solution and provides you 100% accurate backup data.