Through this article, we will discuss the queries of users to migrate G Suite to Thunderbird. G Suite is a cloud-based application that saves data on cloud which can be easily hacked or terminated. To avoid such situation, users save G Suite emails and attachments locally. Here, in this post, we will discuss how users can transfer emails from G Suite account to Thunderbird account.
Reasons behind transfer of G Suite emails into Thunderbird
Thunderbird is an email client that is desktop-based thus it becomes easy for users to manage and access the entire data without network connectivity. Also, it makes easy for users to configure multiple accounts at a single place. There are also other factors that become more beneficial for users to transfer G Suite emails into Thunderbird.
- Thunderbird file can easily save to the user machine. Thus, it allows accessing the data when it is required.
- In addition to this, the data can be shared among different users if required.
- It does not spoil emails due to hindrance from any external sources.
Manual method to migrate emails from G Suite to Thunderbird
You can directly migrate G Suite account data to Thunderbird that is by configuring G Suite account in Thunderbird email client.
1. Transfer emails from G Suite account to Thunderbird
Here, we will configure G Suite account by restore backed up emails from the user account.
- Launch Thunderbird application.
- Click on Tools and then on Account Settings.
- Press on Add Mail option in Account Actions Now, enter G Suite name, email address and password.
- Click on Continue and then Done
- Select IMAP radio button and click Done
- Use the Browse option to change the directory. Click OK to finish the setup
- You will find a new email id appears on the left pane. Double-click on it and read G Suite messages in Mozilla Thunderbird.
Limitations of manual method
- The process is too lengthy and takes much time to access G Suite account in Thunderbird.
- By using manual solution, risk of data loss is always there.
- Configuring G Suite account with Thunderbird is risky process which needs users to be technically trained.
Direct method to migrate all emails from G Suite account to Thunderbird
With G Suite Backup Software, users can transfer G Suite account emails into Thunderbird supported email client formats. There is no need for going through the lengthy configuration process. In just few minutes, G Suite emails with attachments are exported into Thunderbird MBOX file format. Only G Suite account login details are required for migrating G Suite mailboxes in Thunderbird file format.
Steps to migrate emails from Google Apps to Thunderbird file –
- First, download G Suite to Thunderbird Migration Software on your Windows system.
- Enter G Suite account login details to authenticate user.
- Now, choose all or desired email folders to migrate from G Suite.
- Select MBOX format in Export options and choose location to save MBOX files.
- Press the Backup button and in a few minutes, get all G Suite emails into MBOX file format with attachments.
Mostly users prefer desktop-email clients like Thunderbird and others. To safeguard the data from hackers and others, this article discusses solutions to migrate G Suite emails to Thunderbird. We here by disclosed two ways to migrate Google Apps data to Thunderbird file format without any issues. However, for quick and safe results, the second solution is highly preferred and suggested.