Are you looking for the finest solutions to switch your Thunderbird databases to PST? You have come to the right place. We will discuss the best measures to create a backup Thunderbird Inbox to PST.
Mozilla Thunderbird is one of the most commonly used email clients. The flexible tool supports Mac, Windows, & Unix-like systems. The Mozilla product has been discontinued. Therefore, several organizations using Mozilla Thunderbird have switched their data to a reliable platform. Windows users have found MS Outlook one of the best platforms. So, there is a demand for the conversion of MBOX files to PST file extensions. MBOX files cannot be accessed by MS Outlook directly. With the help of a conversion tool, it is easy to export data. There are some manual solutions to export MBOX databases to PST.
We are providing some manual solutions with the suggestion of conversion tools to export data. We hope that it will help you.
Conversion of Mozilla Thunderbird to PST Extension
Mozilla Thunderbird uses the MBOX file extension to stores emails with attachments. MBOX stores data in plain text. It is compatible with WLM and other email clients except for MS Outlook. PST, on the other hand, is an advanced file extension as it stores more than emails. A PST can store emails, notes, contacts, journals, to-do-list, and much more. The file size of a PST of Unicode version can stretch up to 50 GB. It means a huge file of data can be created.
A PST file is not connected to Thunderbird by any means. It is the proprietary format of Microsoft. It means it is used by only MS Outlook. Normally, neither MS Outlook nor Thunderbird offers any native solution to export databases of MBOX to PST files. However, a range of quality solutions is available to meet the conversion goal. As a responsible organization, you can choose a reliable conversion tool to avoid downtime and make the process smooth and error-free.
Let’s find some of the best solutions to export selective MBOX files to PST.
Creating Backup of Thunderbird Emails on Windows
Here the manual solutions will take time. So, we request users to keep patience and follow step-by-step instructions. Look for the local files of Thunderbird. The location could be –
Locate MBOX files from multiple folders to organize them. The location can vary depending on the Windows version you are using. Here are the steps to locate and convert Thunderbird files.
- Run Thunderbird on your system. Go to the Tools menu and from the drop-down, select Account settings.
- It will open a new window featuring each email account that is configured in Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Hit the Server Settings option corresponding to an email account. It will open the Local Directory holding the location of the mailboxes of the selective email account. As you can see below the image.
- Select and copy the path of the local directory to past it on Windows Explorer as it helps to locate the right location of mailbox files.
- Copy all MBOX databases with SBD folders that can be saved in a separate location.
- If you want to export the data of each email account, the same process you will follow. It is how you can create the backup of Thunderbird files. It will save time because all data is in the location you know well about it.
- SBD folders maintain folder hierarchy in Thunderbird. That is, MBOX files store the copy of all SBD folders also.
Important Note: If you wish to back up and use the data on another Thunderbird client, copy the databases without changing the name. In a new system, create a new account, access the profile folder, and replace the data.
Conversion Thunderbird to PST
- Now, open your Mozilla Thunderbird account and access the desired mailbox
- Choose the emails that you want to convert
- Right-click and choose the “Save As” button
- Select the folder of your choice to store Thunderbird emails and press the “Select Folder” option.
- Open MS Outlook and create a folder
- Now, you can import the data or can use the “drag and drop” feature to transfer the databases
- As you can see all emails shifted to MS Outlook, press the “File” menu.
- Choose the “Open & Export” with the “Import/Export” option.
- Pick the “Export to a file” option and then press “Next“.
- Next, choose the “Outlook Data file” and press the Next tab
- Select the folder holding Thunderbird emails to transfer them to PST.
- Finally, press the “Finish” button to get a new PST file.
The manual solution needs pre-installation of Thunderbird and MS Outlook. Moreover, it is not a straightforward solution to convert data. It will consume time and the risk of data loss is always here.
Automated Backup Thunderbird to PST
Quality is always prior before everything. For organizations, emails are their assets. They don’t want to go with any process that can put their data at risk. Therefore, the best solution is to use an application that gives assurance of 100% accurate data extraction and saves time. However, the technical market offers a large variety of tools. You can choose the one that has received good ratings and is appreciated by its users. One such application is MBOX to PST Exporter. The tool is famous for many reasons.
- Simple to operate
- No technical skills are required to transfer data
- The export process is in the control of users
- Data is exported without losing single email field
- Bulk conversion is the primary attraction of the tool
Below are the steps to follow to export MBOX to PST using software
- Open your Backup Thunderbird after installing it on your Windows system 10, 7, XP, or Vista
- The shortcut of the tool is saved to your desktop to open data
- Press the “Browse” tab to open the folders holding Thunderbird files
- Browse and locate folders or sub-folders of the system to locate specific MBOX files
- If you have collected all targeted MBOX files in one local folder, choose the Folder option to select all files at once to upload in the tool
- Get the preview of the selected MBOX files in its preview pane
- The preview button doesn’t allow users to modify the data
- Choose PST file extension from multiple options
- Select the output location from your system to save the data locally
Now, press the Finish tab or convert tab to transfer the database the process of conversion is not so difficult. It requires 4 easy steps. We have described the whole process in detail. Before getting the license of the application, users can go for the free trial version of the application. It is available at zero cost.
One of the most striking things about the application is that it doesn’t need the pre-installation of MS Outlook and Thunderbird. Archived MBOX files can be exported or backup Thunderbird. The application makes the process of data migration super easy for all. It is suitable for all types of users. MBOX files created in Thunderbird, Spicebird, WLM, or any email client can export PST file format. After conversion, users can open the data on MS Outlook 2019, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003 without any objection.